What changed in six months?
- I eat less cheese. Far, far less cheese. Including on pizza.
- I eat practically no chips and salsa. For me, that is a powerful change.
- I run 20 miles a week, or so. That's a lot more than I used to.
- I weigh 30+ pounds less.
- My blood cholesterol and triglycerides are far lower than they used to be because...
- I take more medication than I've ever taken in my life.
- I'm addicted to LoseIt and RunKeeper to keep track of all of this.
For my 6-month anniversary I went for a 10k run and had lunch with friends (lunch: Chipotle burrito, 890 calories because I splurged and got the 290 calorie tortilla).
Somewhat surprisingly, to me anyhow, is how little has really changed. Life moves on. There's a lesson in there somewhere, I'm sure.